Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ahh... 4th grade...


Sammi is in the 4th grade, you know what that means... time for the unit on Utah Native Americans. She had to pick a type of Indian dwelling and make it. She picked an Earth House, which of course was one of the hardest ones to find pictures of on Google.

We helped her plan it out and gave her suggestions & instructions from time to time. We also cut the sticks for her and manned the hot glue gun for her, but other than that she did the whole thing herself. My favorite part is the little ladder. She glued it together and then tied grass around the joints.

She should get an A... as long as the teacher believes she did it herself. Kind of sad when you wonder if you should have to do something crappy looking just to make sure it looks "kid made". hehe.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go, it looks awesome! I made an Arkansas Indian home when I was in 5th grade. flattened all the grass reeds myself with my teeth and glued them on the frame like shingles. I got an A. I think my teacher was surprised to hear that I did it myself cuz it looked great (if I do say so myself). Atleast she believed me. :)

Catherine said...

It looks really great!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Thats impressive that she did that! I loved making projects like that for school. I cant wait until I get to do that with my kiddos someday...

Anonymous said...

Emily and I think it looks great!!! Way to go Sammy!