Monday, October 27, 2008

Long time no see...

By not posting in such a long time I have saved you all from a lengthy list of profanity in regards to dang crappy sleeves and the idiot who first came up with the idea of attaching sleeves to shirts. Also the fact that satin and organza fray like a house on fire, which is making it necessary to basically glue ALL cut edges on the whole stinking thing. All you ladies with sergers are now laughing at me.

And to add insult to injury my fancy camera went south on our trip to California. So it's at the Nikon repair place for the next 2 weeks. So I'll have to rely on my old film SLR and a compact digital camera to capture the magnificence of all my hard work. This angers me greatly.

The upside.. my niece will be here to help me get these things finished. I may torture her by having her work on the wig.. hehe. ALSO.. she'll be here to help get the kids ready for the school Halloween parade! Yay! Our new school is a bit weird, they don't let the kids come to school all done up. They give you 15 minutes after lunch to get them in their costumes and make up done before the parade. And when you have TWO kids with extensive make up and fake eyelashes.. 15 minutes isn't NEARLY enough! Not to mention... who is going to save me some good seats in the auditorium to watch said parade? So.. I'm very glad my niece will be here to help me.

Ok... back to sewing.. ugh.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You need to learn the fine art of talking your kid into what you want them to be.....

Graciesmom said...

What a good mom :)
By the way, do you have a Nikkon D40? Mine has been acting up to!