Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweeeet...


My friend Jen recently sent me this picture. It was taken at Snowbird back in 1990 while Matt & I were engaged. I think this is also the first time we met Tricia (Mark's wife now.. then girlfriend).

Look at those old boards! Too funny. There weren't even good boarding boots available yet, at least not that I can remember. We used to wear Sorel's and duct-tape the crap out of them to make them rigid. It was also a rare sight to see a GIRL snowboarding, a fact that I was very proud of.
Yeah.. we were cool.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Don't you just love seeing old photos of yourself? DDIL #2 was looking through some old albums and said, "Mama, you LOOKED so beautiful!" Um, thanks, hon.

Anonymous said...

Ya you were cool. I remember the sorels and duck tape!! I still have mine. I must say that they have made great improvements there!! It really is a great picture! There really weren't that many girls then were there. Wow we were on the edge!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Melinda this picture is amazing!!! Wow got to love the 90's and thanks for sending me your blog link. I am kinda ok really a big neard when it comes to blogging and I love it and love reading everyone's blogs.

Lindsay