Friday, July 31, 2009

4 Going on 14


Olivia is our girly-girl. She was just born that way. From the first time I heard her pathetic little "oh poor me, you guys are all so mean" cry in the O.R. I could just tell... this little one is ALL GIRL.

The last 4 years have only reinforced this theory. She looooves pink, and she looooves kitties, and she looooves dressing up pretty, etc, etc. One of her standard exclamations is, "Oh, it's so cuuuuuuuutie!" Now along with this girly-ness comes a Princessy Diva attitude. Combine that with her sharp little mind and you get some pretty funny moments.

Recently she's been throwing up the "air quotes" while talking. Example: I was telling her that we should try french braiding her hair because she had such nice long hair. Her response was, "Are you trying to make me a 'stupid girl'? Then people will say I'm 'stupid' and they will 'be jealous of me'?" (imagine the air quotes and sassy voice)

Tonight she cracked us up with her comments during a movie. A scene came on with some kissing, all of a sudden you hear her say in a sing-song voice, "Awk-ward...." Apparently she didn't mean it as a joke because she got mad when we laughed.

5 comments:

Momma Paulson said...

Aunt Amy loves Olivia! I would love to be there for those comments! :)

Danila said...

Sooo cute! I love girly girls, they are the best!

Unknown said...

she's sooooo funny! I love her spunk!

thanks for the clothes! We are so blessed to have another unexpected gift from you guys. I can't help feeling like we are getting the sweeter end of the deal since we have nothing to offer back and you guys don't even get to see Gwen. You'll have to let me know if there is some way i can repay you.

Anonymous said...

She and Emily are peas in a pod! She really is so cute and funny!

Catherine said...

ROFL!! See you tomorrow!