Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cabin version of Par-tay!

For those of us that don't go camping very often, and are confronted with a 3-5 day trip with no (gasp) television, computers, or cell phones, you might wonder... what will my children do with all this time? And will they drive me buggy by saying the B-word to me? (The B-word being BORED)

Well that was just not an issue up at the cabin. For one, there were plenty of cousins to play with, not to mention a creek! The kids had a great time playing in the creek and building dams. Occasionally one would fall in and get soaked, but just as often they would not fall in... and would be just as wet. My nephew liked to go in the creek fully dressed in long pants, long sleeve shirt, and hiking boots. He rationalized that they were "water proof boots". But failed to understand that the water proof properties didn't really work if you were in knee deep water above your boot-line.


They also took everyone on a horse ride. I stayed behind and took pictures of my obsession for the trip... that will be in a later post.


My brother has a Rhino up there (it's a 4-wheeler/truck thingy like they use on Little People Big World) and my dad brought up two 4 wheelers. So there were many fun rides around the property and on trails. And of course I had to be the one to scoff at using sunscreen. "I won't be gone that long." I think the sun must be super inferno hot up there or something... right? Yep, I was lobster lady for the rest of the trip.



There was even some low tech fun. Stick a bottle on top of a pile of dirt and throw rocks and sticks at it until you knock it down. Fun for every boy and girl.

The big loft on the 3rd floor was popular too. Between the Foosball table and just the general open area there was a lot of fun to be had. I didn't venture up there to look, but judging from all the running, laughing and yelling, I'd say they entertained themselves quite well.

We were going to shoot guns too, but the weather was being tricky and in the end Smores at the campfire won out over the shooting.

My brother and my neice. Roasting marshmallows on some very fancy willow sticks.

My Livie was mad because her marshmallows got burned.

There was entertainment all around, and I was sad that it was all over too soon.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha------cha

Momma Paulson said...

OH It looks so fun! I'm glad that you had a great time. I want a cabin now! :)