Monday, July 20, 2009

Cabin Fever

Over the 4th my brother & his wife invited the whole family up to their cabin in Idaho for a little reunion. I think I'll blog a little about it over the next few days.


Today's topic: The awesome area and cabin. Thanks so much S & C for hosting such a fun weekend!


The area was beautiful. We had to drive a while to get back into it, and drive, and drive.. which reminds me of a little primary tune with new lyrics... "The Frandsen children puked as they drove, and drove, and drove, and drove." Haha. But that is a story for another day.


The cabin was gorgeous! My kind of camping! Of course once we arrived my dad gave up his bedroom claiming he'd been just waiting to sleep out on the deck. Nothing could change his mind, he was apparently very excited to do it. Ummm.. yeah, my dad is sweet and very stubborn.


The view from the deck was beautiful. A valley full of pines, and mist in the mornings. There were also a couple of thunderstorms which made things quite exciting. Seriously... they were very cool, we even got hail with one of them.

The cabin. They finished building it last summer, they've got a big family and a couple of cute grandkids so they pretty much fill it up when all the college kids come home.

This shot is actually in the late afternoon, you can see the smoke from the campfire where they made Dutch Oven dinner, and the little white specks you see are hailstones coming down.


After the deluge of rain and hail. Here are Riley's clothes that we hung up to dry after playing in the creek. Umm... they're even more wet now!

Pretty view of the mist at about 6:30 am. Yes, I know... I was up at 6 AM!! Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Another shot of the mist in the mountains. It was so pretty, this picture just doesn't do it justice.

My dear old dad. Sleeping outside on the deck. NO ONE could convince him to come inside, he's just an outdoors kind of guy. Though, I'm pretty sure it was more an excuse to make Matt & I take his bedroom. That's my dad.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

It was a fun few days! I'm really liking your photos!

Danila said...

How fun! What a beautiful cabin, so glad you all had a great time.